Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen.
Thank you for coming out tonight! I see plenty of familiar faces in the crowd.
2016 – Phew, what a year! Only about 3 of us made any money worth talking about, but give yourselves a round of applause, anyway!
Without further ado, I want to welcome you to the inaugural Before Your Job Kills You Digital Nomad Pub Quiz! Please get yourself to the bar and buy a drink, as we will be starting very shortly.
Please note, there is a 10 drink minimum rule in effect this evening, and it will be enforced. Anyone caught ignoring this rule will be blacklisted from co-working spaces worldwide. But we have a fully stocked bar, with both Beer and Vodka options available!
The rules for tonight are very standard – no mobile phones are allowed, please turn off your mobile phones. And since you lot are a tech savvy bunch – no laptops, or tablets, or drones, or VR. Anyone caught using VR to simulate victory will be taken into the toilets and punched in the head by our resident goon Clive.
For third place position this evening, there will be a fancy, top of the range laptop stand! Lovely Stuff!
And second place, our runners up will receive a Thai Single Entry Tourist Visa! (To be collected in Malaysia).
Finally, our winners tonight will receive…an all expenses paid trip to the Canton Fair in Guangzhou, China! Here you’ll be able to speak to manufacturers directly (using a translator) before you buy a few hundred shoddy selfie sticks, and flog them on Amazon! Fantastic prize there, Ladies and Gents.
And what kind of Quiz would this be if we didn’t have something for the losers? That’s right, our last place finishers will receive $100,000……….in Bitcoin!!
This will be a short 6 round quiz, because I have way more important things to be doing, like attempting to make some money. Every correct answer will be worth 1 point. Here we go!
Round 1 – Pictures
Can you name these three Digital Nomad personalities?
ANSWERS: (Highlight to see) 1. Pieter Levels 2. Tim Ferriss 3. Domo-Kun
BONUS POINT QUESTION: One of these is not a Digital Nomad – which is it?
ANSWER: Tim Ferriss – he’s not once given himself this label.
Round 2 – Anagrams
Rearrange the letters to complete a Digital Nomad slogan or buzzword.
1. SRTCHIIG NU!
2. UED ALDAV
3. KMA OCOB
5. LTLAE? XOS
6. NMIACA HIG
ANSWERS: 1. CRUSHING IT! 2. ADD VALUE 3. MAC BOOK 4. MINDSET 5. TAXES? LOL 6. CHIANG MAI
Round 3 – WHO SAID THAT?
1. “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.”
2. “I’ll Be Back”
3. “Don’t be addicted to money. Work to learn. don’t work for money. Work for knowledge.”
4. “Live Your Dreams!”
5. “You’re a nice guy, but I don’t fucking cut it when you’re bullshitting and fucking around on set!”
ANSWERS: 1. Tony Robbins 2. Terminator 3. Robert Kiyosaki 4. Every Online Guru 5. Christian Bale
Okay Ladies and Gents, we’re now going to take a short break so you can get another drink, use the toilet, and watch the fight that’s about to break out in the car park.
And we’re back!
Round 4 – Tag It!
Choose the correct hashtag to go with the image
ANSWERS (Highlight): There is no such thing as an incorrect hashtag. Give yourself full marks.
So, how are we all feeling?
Okay! Looks as though you’ve all located the bar. Moving on!
Round 5 – POWER WORD SEARCH
You have 30 seconds to find as many Digital Nomad words as you can.
3, 2, 1…BEGIN!
ANSWERS: AFFILIATE, KINDLE, DROPSHIP, NOMAD, COWORK, FBA, VEGAN, BALI, CROSSFIT, JUICING, PASSIVE
ROUND 6 – TRIVIA
Here we are boys and girls, the final round of the night.
1. Tropical MBA, The Joe Rogan Experience, and The Tim Ferriss Show are all types of what?
2. What is the universally agreed upon figure of money that one needs to live in Chiang Mai, Thailand?
3. As of January 2017, what are the top five places to live for under $750 as a Digital Nomad, according to NomadList.com? You get a point for each correct answer!
4. Punspace, Hubud and Hubba are all types of what?
5. What is the missing ingredient for making a sponge cake? Flour, Caster Sugar, Butter, Baking powder and…..?
6. Seneca the Younger was one of the forefathers of which philosophy?
7. What is the politically correct term for milky coffee with some chocolate unceremoniously thrown in?
8. In the 2007 biopic, ‘Into The Wild’, Emile Hirsch plays Christopher McCandless, a Digital Nomad who tries to start an ecommerce venture from a van in Alaska. Or I dunno, maybe I need to watch it again. Who directed this movie?
9. Osprey is a brand of what Digital Nomad essential?
10. Draw a simple diagram displaying how babies are made. Extra points will be awarded for correctly labelling all moving parts.
ANSWERS: 1. Podcasts 2. $600/m 3. Chiang Mai (Thailand) Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) Hanoi (Vietnam) Ko Lanta (Thailand) Taichung (Taiwan) 4. Co-Working Spaces 5. Eggs 6. Stoicism 7. Mocha 8. Sean Penn 9. Backpack 10. No idea. Look Here. Not an affiliate link, because making money off children’s books is pure evil.
So that’s a wrap, Ladies and Gents! Please hand your answers in at the bar, and bear with us whilst we tally up the scores.
OKAY! Things are quickly spiralling out of control, so let’s get to it.
Our 3rd and 2nd places teams are having a shoe throwing contest outside the pub, and the last place finishers left about 2 hours ago. So we’ll move on with our winners for tonight.
And our winners are…oh, it’s that group of nerds that centre their entire life around pub quizzes. Big fucking surprise.
Thank you again for coming out tonight! If you wish to vomit on your way out, then please use the designated bushes.
If we aren’t all working in Starbucks by then, see you next year!